I love Kate Spade’s series of small books illustrated by Virginia Johnson and have just opened up a new batch of her ‘Style’ volume – which never seems to go out of style! Kate’s tips and musings on all things fashionable are sensible, amusing, and sweet but it’s really Johnson’s gorgeous illustrations that capture my imagination – they are charming beyond words.
1. I love…. living by the sea! And flicking through this luxe lifestyle volume in the fabulous ‘The Way We Live’ series. Total daydream material and a perfect Chrissy gift for any seaside dweller.
2. I covet…. an agate shard necklace from Dinosaur Designs. Earthy and unearthly all at once, this is a serious statement piece. In store now.
3. I’m inspired…. by these incredible Calvin Klein holiday season window displays. A collaboration with artist Anthony Goicolea, you can see/read more here.
4. I want…. those eyebrows, the earrings, the chic little turned up collar, the adorably stylish hat, those sleek curls…. gorgeous! Photo by Yale Joel for LIFE Magazine, June 1953 via My Vintage Vogue, a treasure trove of vintage fashion images.
5. I’m happy when…. I’m unpacking a new delivery from Mar Y Sol! These Lola clutches are new in store in a range of dusky plums and mauves - the perfect accompaniment to a relaxed brunch at Four Birds or a cheeky cocktail at Bogart’s.
6. I’m addicted…. to MollyM’s earrings. Lightweight but strong on impact, these beauties have got “perfect Chrissy gift for funky sister/friend/mum/aunt/girlfriend” written all over them!
I always love getting a delivery from Kim Wallace – she is one of the first suppliers I dealt with when I opened Frond and her gorgeous pieces remain a favourite of mine and of the many happy customers who’ve purchased her beautiful dishes or delicate pendants. New for Frond are these sweet and stylish little Chrissy baubles – the perfect combination of traditionally festive and freshly contemporary. Thanks Kim!
These images are courtesy of Kim’s website, Udessi and you can visit the Udessi blog here.
New delivery of totes and teatowels from the fabulous Materialistc in store now! Noice.
1. I’ll take…. one of each please! Luxe leather wallets and purses by Belinda Pieris arrived in store this week.
2. Can I please…. plunge into this ridiculously gorgeous pool in this outrageously beautiful setting. Ikies Traditional Houses on Santorini via The Cool Hunter.
3. I can’t wait…. to see the Annie Leibovitz: A Photographer’s Life exhibition at the MCA in Sydney. This image: Mikhail Baryshnikov and Rob Besserer, Cumberland Island, Georgia, 1990, chromogenic print, photograph © Annie Leibovitz, from Annie Leibovitz: A Photographer’s Life, 1990–2005 via www.corcoran.org
4. I wish…. I could bury my nose in this luscious bunch of peonies over at Small Stump + Studio Choo. I adore this blog and would love to visit the store in San Fran one day.
5. I will…. be using one of these delightful ‘Nantucket’ market baskets for my next trip to Rapid Creek. New in store from Mar Y Sol, this colourway is called ‘jacaranda’. Other colourways include ‘mango’, ‘punch’, and ’sunflower’ and this range of ethically produced bags are just as sweet and cheery as their names suggest!
Ceramic quote tags from Paper Boat Press now in store.
One of my favourite brands in the store right now is Kirstin Ash. The sweet charm bracelets, the beautiful rings and earrings, the gorgeous little clusters of creatures and blossoms and cool motifs – these are such whimsical and special pieces. Love the styling for their photo shoot too – quite lush and romantic but with an edge of drama that makes the vintage style of the jewellery really contemporary.
A huge storm has just swept into the city and rainwater is gushing through the Star Village. Mama, the Star Village resident cat, has fled to an unknown hiding place, the lights are flickering, the thunder is crashing, the palms are bending, the temperature has suddenly dropped about 5 degrees…. I LOVE a Darwin storm and this feels like the first big one of the season – fabulous.
New frocks from Binny are out on the racks today and I’m loving the long soft cotton ‘Glamarama’ dress with racer back and embroidery detail. It’s one for all you tall, tanned gals out there – named in honour of the always beautiful, slightly intimidating Tamarama beach set who could throw one of these over an itsy-bitsy bikini and take it from the sun-soaked beach straight to Icebergs Dining Room and Bar for a rosewater Bellini. I was a Bondi girl prior to moving to Darwin but definitely an early morning/late afternoon beach-goer. Not so much of the baking midday beach for this pale-skinned gal - more of a sunset swim or a dawn dip. Could certainly put away my fair share of Bellinis though!
Sigh…. missing the big, salty, cold waves of Bondi on a glimmering Sydney summer morning. Though an expanse of aqua Arafura sea, bursts of fuchsia bougainvillea, and bowl of fresh mango and rambutans is not a bad way to start the day either!
Top left and bottom right photos from http://www.aquabumps.com/, who capture beach life and beauty so vividly.
I’m just unpacking a new delivery of candles from Skeem and soaps by Tokyo Milk. The shop is filling up with heavenly divine fragrances (plum blossom, green fiddlehead, dune sage….) and the packaging is totally gorgeous. Straight on to my Chrissy wishlist!